Be sure to stay tuned until the end for an awesome giveaway from HEAV!
Did you know that the HEAV convention is just under 4 weeks away? For those of you who are always prepared and ready for anything, I am sure that you not only knew that, but that you also are already prepared and ready to go. For the rest of us – here is a quick look at planning for convention. Over the next few weeks, I plan (note the word — plan) to post more in depth prep for each week.
4 weeks out –
- Register! If you haven’t registered yet, you will want to do that now. The cut off for pre-registration is on May 22nd, but go ahead and get it done now and you may get an earlier Used Curriculum time. The time you get to enter the UCS is based on when you register for convention.
- If you are a support group leader, register to attend the Leadership Luncheon
- Lay aside the books you know you won’t be using next year and enter these books into the UCS website
- Note: If there are books that you are still using, just stick a post it note on the book so you remember which ones you are planning to sell.
- Start planning
- What are you teaching next year?
- What do you need to look for new?
- What do you want to look for used?
- Which speakers do you really want to hear? You can learn about the speakers on the Convention Speakers page.
3 weeks out –
- Continue to enter books into the UCS site.
- Planning – this week I want you to
- Make a list of the items you want to get from the UCS, on this list make notes of the full price or any sale prices that you can get. By doing this, you will know if you are getting a good deal in the UCS.
- Decide on a budget. Pray about it, talk with your spouse or a good friend, look at your finances and decide what you can afford to spend. Be sure to plan for extra expenses for those things you see that you just can’t leave without!
2 weeks out –
- Make sure all of your reservations are in place — hotel, car, travel, etc.
- Begin to organize your things. If you have room create a “staging area” where you place the things that will be coming with you. In this area you should start placing the following:
- Books for the UCS
- Rolly cart, suitcase with wheels, forklift, etc.
- Finish up your books for the UCS – be sure to watch the UCS site for deadlines.
1 Week out –
- Printouts – start printing everything you need –
- Return Address Labels
- Exhibit Hall Layout
- Speaker Handouts
- Convention Schedule
Now, if you have lasted this long, you deserve to get a treat. Or at least a chance for a treat. As some of you know, and the rest of you are about to find out, I am a blogger for HEAV. Quite honestly it was quite easy to jump into this roll as I love HEAV and would be bragging about the convention anyway! However, because I am an HEAV blogger, HEAV has given me a One Family Registration to the HEAV Conference to give away!!
What do you need to do in order to win? Well, each day that I post I will have a link to the rafflecopter entry form. All you have to do is go there and follow the instructions. Be sure to watch for posts all week and try to win a family registration! (You can still enter even if you have already registered. If you win, you will receive a refund!)